Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tips to Happy Food Travels--#6: Top 10 Lists

Inside of Bourbon n'Toulouse: a top 10 list find
When looking at ranked lists, ask yourself whether the list buys into a concept of really great food or whether it knows its stuff.  I’ve never found a high-end steakhouse/seafood restaurant with lots of wood paneling and overly generic dishes to be my cup of tea.  But, they show up on a lot on top 10 lists.  If I see more than two, I find a new list.  I look for lists that have variety of price ranges, options, and food types.  That means they thought more about the food and not about generalizing the term “good food.” 

My favorite “10 Best” site is 10 Best: What to Know Before you Go.  They breakdown the list by happy hours, cheap eats, fine dining, etc.   They also provide a good range of options and, coupled with a little research into their suggestions, produce some pretty fun food finds.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Traveling and trying out new food to eat is a fun activity to do. These kinds of lists is what I always look forward to. Thank you for the tips on how to find the reliable ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

Copyright © 2011 KM Robbins. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission. All rights reserved.
Blogging tips